Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SNAPSHOTS PRESENTATION 20 JUNE 2006

The 20th of June 2006, I presented my work in front of a panel at RMIT.

I tried to explain what I have been doing during three months.

I do not think I was able to show what my idea was.

I spent most of my time trying to explain what my idea of “honesty” and “arbitrary” in design was.

The panel told me that I was not being honest and arbitrary because my presentation was too organized and because to pretend to understand what people want from my design process it represents a contradiction with the title of my work.

With the term honesty I do not intend any kind of ethical behaviours.

Being honest means for me to recognize that as designer my design method changes every time in relation to the answer I want to generate.

In my project I am not trying to understand what people expect from my design to draw a strategy plan.

I want just to receive some input on how people look at my works with the simplicity purpose of seeing their reactions.

With the term arbitrary I do not refer to anything casual or random.

With this term I refer to “de libero arbitrio” I refer to the freedom of my subjectivity.

My presentation it has been defined “branded” as to much studied, and this has been defined from the panel a contradiction with my arbitrary design.

I prepared my presentation thinking that I would have had 30 minutes to present it, so I tried to do a summary of what I have been doing in three months.

I have studied the graphic, the output, and I knew what I was doing.

That was my arbiter, my subjectivity.

In trying to express these ideas I have been accused to defend myself and my “ego”, and of course this was what I was doing.

I have been writing that I am not a theorist and I do not study sociology, and that this research is useful for me and maybe for those that think that a design method can’t be defined.

The only thing I did not like about the critiques I received is that they were referred almost exclusively to the use of the words “honesty” and “arbitrary”.

I recognize my project could be not understood from a public and I have to work on it if I want to explain what I am trying to do.

My tutor suggested to me, that I have to include people in my confusion and not exclude them.

That day was really tiring, English is not my first language, and this is another reason mhy maybe I was not so clear.

Now I am going to have a break.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Questo/a opera è pubblicato sotto una Licenza Creative Commons.