Sunday, April 02, 2006

o IDEA-MAP


Starting from the contrasts between what we intend with the terms modernism and postmodernism, looking examples in art, design, architecture, movies, communication… of the self-consciousness of the first and the skepticism of the second I would like compare the contradictions of the two theories with the contradictions of the design practice: theory VS practice, learning VS teaching, conceptual academic VS mainstream design and so on. My research want to be a collection of thoughts about my readings putting in evidence my awareness that I’m not a theorist, but I’m trying to receive stimulus from philosophy, social studies and ideas contrasting with my practical experience. This would be useful in achieving a wide panorama of what design means for people that conducts studies about design and society and it will be useful in my practical work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Questo/a opera è pubblicato sotto una Licenza Creative Commons.