Sunday, April 02, 2006

o FOCUS


My focus should be to demonstrate that as designer I have the due to be conscious of what is going on around me, of what clients or people want and all the matters about function, aesthetic, trends, ethic … but at the same time be honest and express my subjective need.
“One of the greatest excitements in being a designer must surely be the vicarious thrill of being the eminence grise behind the familiar products of industry and commerce, knowing that a certain colour, shape, detail or function is such a way because that is how you wanted it.”(Kenneth Grange at the Boilerhouse, An Exhibition of British Product Design, The Conran Foundation Boilerhouse Project)
As practical research I want to design examples of products while continuing my readings and putting on evidence the influences that my research could have on my personal design process. I want to enrich the practical aspect of my enquiry focusing my approach in doing prototypes of little products in particular technologies related to the body, as an interesting field related to the theory of modernism and post-modernism, it would mean for me explore the modern meaning of technologies and their link to artifacts, as a fusion between communication and products (interfaces, graphics, interaction but also shapes, materials, ergonomics…) a link that really match with the contrasts of postmodernist theories.
“As an industrial designer I sometimes think how lucky we are to design simpler goods and have the chance to model them first, then see them proved in one or more prototypes.”
Kenneth Grange

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Questo/a opera è pubblicato sotto una Licenza Creative Commons.