Sunday, April 09, 2006

_inspiration for the watch's design

the first thing I tought about time was: time means money, then I started playng with das and an old mechanism of a broken watch ( or better swatch) of mine, and I discovered how was nice impressing textures of 'time' on white clay, I tought it would be interesting thinking about this "impressions" of the moment, as defining time flux, I told to myself : what is time? it does exist? we use time to organize our life and to see the past and maybe the future and a watch? a product invented to mesure something invented too... the idea is centred about the moment of consumption of an object, the string of the watch as sign of consumption and time. The idea is about the power of time and watches to record events and signs, I was playng around the idea of money and fossils, would be nice to find a material as gum or another soft one that changes surface when it touches something, as if something is impressed on it, I was using das, or clay... time as recorder, impressing memories on surfaces, fossils... time as money...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Questo/a opera รจ pubblicato sotto una Licenza Creative Commons.